ARVO Foundation for Eye Research
The ARVO Foundation for Eye Research was established in 2001 by the ARVO Board of Trustees to ensure stable support for innovative and novel vision research, particularly work with translational impact that fosters collaboration between clinicians and basic scientists. The Foundation also encourages the development of new scientists in the field of vision research, as well as researchers in developing countries.
The ARVO Foundation works to:
- Promote scientific interactions and exchange between basic scientists and clinicians.
- Foster translational research and move forward proven scientific, breakthroughs from the laboratory to clinical practice.
- Recruit and retain scientists in all fields of vision research.
- Disseminate scientific research findings.
- Complement ARVO's mission to further global eye and vision research for the prevention of blindness and the reduction in eye diseases.